10 Great Tips for Home Staging
As promised, in addition to explaining the power of home staging, we’re doing posts on key tips for staging your home. We recently came across an article from HGTV—“Top 10 Rules for Staging Homes from The Stagers”—and their tips align closely with our thoughts and experience with home staging. Their 10 rules include:
- Make curb appeal a top priority.
- Clean, clean and clean some more—the home should shine.
- Neutralize colors throughout the home to appeal to more people.
- Take down personal items like photos of you and your family so prospective buyers can picture themselves in the home.
- Arrange the furniture for the best look and flow; hiring a professional is especially helpful in this arena.
- Hang updated artwork on the walls.
- Don’t ignore needed repairs any longer; get them fixed.
- Paint the walls with neutral colors.
- Remember prospective buyers will look at the floors, so they should be in good condition.
- Old light fixtures stand out as dated. Replace them with new models.