5 Tips for Combating the Gray Days of Winter
Spring doesn’t arrive until March 20, and last week we were still experiencing some snowy winter weather here in Steamboat Springs, CO. Here are some tips from Home on the Range on combating the gray days of winter:
- Take a trip to somewhere warm and sunny! Designer Lynne Bier just went to Los Angeles for the Design Bloggers Conference and then headed over to the Bacara Resort after the conference to spend a few days. There’s nothing like seeing palm trees to get you out of the winter blues!
- Embrace the outdoors and stay active with cross-country skiing, alpine skiing or snowshoeing.
- Decorate your home’s interior with fresh flowers. We always love having a bouquet of daisies and tulips or other bright blooms on the kitchen counter
- Go shopping for a cheerful accessory you can wear, like a yellow scarf or bag. It’ll bring a smile to your face and remind you of a sunny day!
- Do something that makes you laugh. Laughter is the best medicine, and will help combat any gray day!
What are you doing to vanquish the winter blues?